Bellur Krishnamachar Sheshamma Smaraka Nidhi Trust
Trust was formed in the Year 2003 as B.K.S.Iyengar as chief Patron to improve the quality of life for the local villagers. The intent of this trust s to bring about a silent revolution and uplift the entire local community.
Aims & Objectives:
1. The setting up of Primary and Higher-Primary schools, at Bellur Village as well as other backward areas in the country.
2. To up-grade the already existing village schools to a higher grade.
3. Set up technical and education institutions for imparting job orientated courses and vocational training, that is applicable and will uplift the rural youth and improve their employment prospects.
1. To create awareness among rural people of the importance of individual as well as public health care.
2. To establish primary health care centers at villages as well as backward areas.
1. Provide clean drinking water facilities and improve the sanitary & drainage conditions at villages, thereby improving the general public health.
2. Educate and create awareness among rural people about the latest developments in the fields of agriculture and allied areas and to support their actual implementation.
The extracts of Audited Operating Expenditure incurred during the last 3 Financial Years:
Financial year 2016-17 : INR 3,47,12,178 (USD:4,95,888)
Financial Year 2017-18: INR 5,75,81,088 (USD: 8,22,587)
Financial Year 2018-19: INR 5,51,56,079 (USD: 7,87,944)
Note: For expenses related to individual activities, Pls visit the below activity links..
Activities of the Trust:
Bellur is only a 1.2 kms walk away from the center, where you can immerse yourself in the amazing Indian culture.
Guruji reinstated Bellur to its ancient glory, when he undertook to build the world’s first Patanjali temple in 2004.
Within the patanjali temple complex, an 800 year old hanuman temple was renovated and reopened for worship. The Bellur krishnamachar sheshamma Smaraka Nidhi Trust also restored and sanctified a temple dedicated to lord Rama.
Along with these temples, there is a temple dedicated to Rishi Valmiki who was the famed author of epic Ramayana.
Guruji Started Bellur krishnamachar sheshamma Smaraka Nidhi Trust in 2003 to improve the quality of life for the local villagers. The intent of this trust s to bring about a silent revolution and uplift the entire local community. Guruji believed that good health and education would form a firm foundation for social and economic reforms.
Message from Guruji:
“We are human beings, so we should have the qualities to help human beings. That is what I feel is charity:” – BKS Iyengar
Here is the letter in which Guruji originally asked for our help with the Bellur project:
“ Dear Admirers of Yoga
I am writing as all of you have generously helped my Bellur Krishnamachar & Seshamma Smaraka Niddhi Trust in undertaking to help not only the people of my village, but also the surrounding villages. The need is more than what I anticipated.
I have promised the Trust that I will personally do all I can financially but it seems that it is not enough.
As you all generously obliged with love and affection, I request you all to extend your helping hand further so that the works that are undertaken would be completed and leave some core money to maintain and run until the Trust finds means to do it on its own.
Please help this deserving cause.
With my grateful thanks in advance” – BKS Iyengar
Your donations will help the project’s comprehensive and community-based approach evolve in order to define a better future for Bellur and the surrounding villages of the Kolar District. Our yoga community can work together to make a significant contribution toward a positive change in circumstances in the world today. With our collective efforts, our Iyengar Yoga community can make our beloved Guruji’s vision a reality.
Managing Trustee: B Raghu